- 50g (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- good pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large bananas, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 plums, stoned and each cut into 8 pieces
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and each cut into 4 pieces
- 16 large chunks of fresh pineapple
- 16 strawberries, hulled
For the passion fruit cream:
- 4 passion fruit
- 225ml (1 cup) crème fraîche
- finely grated rind of ½ small orange
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp sifted icing sugar
- fresh mint sprigs, to decorate
- To make the passion fruit cream, cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp into a bowl. Beat the crème fraîche until smooth and then whisk in the orange rind and juice with the passion fruit pulp and icing sugar so that the mixture remains softly whipped. Spoon the mixture into a small serving bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside to chill and firm up in the fridge.
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and stir in brown sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and mint.
- Thread the fruit onto 16 small metal skewers or soaked wooden ones in an attractive fashion, then brush all over with the butter and sugar glaze.
- Heat a griddle pan, the barbecue or a grill. Put the kebabs on to cook and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning and basting frequently until the fruit starts to caramelise.
- To serve, arrange the grilled fruit kebabs on plates or a large platter with the bowl of passion fruit cream. Decorate with mint sprigs, if desired.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Browned Butter Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Sally McKenney...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Chicken and Mushroom Pancakes
Almost any mixture of cooked vegetables, fish or chicken, and herbs or nuts, moi...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone gasp...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...