For the Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 8 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter - cold
- 1 tbsp lime juice - freshly squeezed
- 1/2 red onion (or any onion) - finely diced
- 30ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp crème fraîche
- Garlic salt & Orange Pepper to taste (or traditional salt & pepper)
For the Cheesy and Buttery Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes - peeled & diced
- 8 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1/2 cup grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 chicken thighs
- Sliced Kerrygold Dubliner
- Cold meat of choice (I used smoked salami)
- Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Beurre Blanc Sauce1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lime juice, wine and onions to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3-5 minutes until it reduces and thickens slightly.
2. Lower the heat to medium-low. Now add the butter, one tablespoon at a time, and whisk allowing each piece to fully melt before adding the next. Add the crème fraîche and boil for an additional two minutes.
3. When the last of the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the onions to get a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to serve immediately.
For the Buttery and Cheesy Mashed Potatoes4. Cook your potatoes until tender. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the potatoes. Start mashing, and once mashed, add the crème fraîche.
5. Using a whisk, incorporate the melted cheese into the mash. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, you can strain for a smoother consistency. Serve warm.
For the Chicken Cordon Bleu6. Beat the chicken with a rolling pin until thin. Layer the Dubliner cheese. Add the salami, or cold meat of choice, and wrap tightly in cling wrap. Refrigerate for one hour.
7. Remove from the cling wrap and dip in flour, then egg and then the panko bread crumbs. Heat oil in a pan and flash fry until the coating is brown.
8. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 230°C or until the chicken is well-cooked. Ensure it is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
9. Serve with fresh salad and veg, the Beurre Blanc sauce and buttery, cheesy mash. Enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Grilled Salmon with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
For the Sauce Melt the Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter in a pan...
Chilli Cheese Nuggets
Roughly cut the cheese into pieces. Place the cheese pieces in a pot on the lowe...
Lightly cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla ess...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...
Kerrygold Vetkoek with Curried Mince
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) For the...
Cheesecake with Cranberries
Grease a round springform. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hollow in the c...