- 125gm Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 225gms caster sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons or 3 medium
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 280gms flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 115gms full fat or double cream Greek yoghurt
Lemon syrup drizzle:
- 40gms caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 150gms icing sugar sifted
- 2 – 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a 22 x 12cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the bowl if necessary.
- With the mixer on low, add the yoghurt and flour in 2 or three parts and mix briefly until just combined. You could do this by hand. Ensure that you do not over mix
- Put the batter into the lined loaf tin and spread it to the edges evenly.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes and until it is golden brown and firm to the touch. You will know it’s done when a sharp knife or skewer inserted into the center, and it comes out clean.
- If the top colours too much during baking, loosely cover the cake with foil.
- Mix the drizzle ingredients. When the cake comes out the oven, poke it all over with a sharp knife or skewer. Brush the drizzle over the cake, allowing it to absorb.
- Remove the cake from the tin after 10 mutes and allow it to cool on a rack.
- Once it is completely cool, make the lemon icing and spread it on the cake. Allow some of it to drizzle down the edges.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Summer Pasta Bake
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat your oven to 22...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Rib Eye with Compound Butter
Recipe by J'Something...
Mussels Cooked with Cream, Chorizo, Garlic and Flat-Leaf Parsley
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Start by prepping the mu...