- 300g wholewheat pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100g grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add in the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain well in a colander and drizzle over a little olive oil. Shake the colander to mix the oil through the pasta.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred on the edges and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When the roasted vegetables are ready, add them to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the fresh basil or basil pesto.
- Pour the pasta into 1 large baking dish or 4 individual dishes. Spread over the sauce evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place under the oven grill until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve with the remaining fresh basil or pesto and a green side salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Dubliner Artichoke Dip
Combine all ingredients and spoon the mixture into a 203ml baking dish. Bake fo...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
A roast leg of lamb is delicious any time of the year. Add some real Irish butte...
Crispy Potato Rosti
These are delicious served with any type of fish or meat but they are also lovel...
Orange Blossom Summer Sponge with Cream & Fresh Strawberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Grease and line...