- 300g wholewheat pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100g grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add in the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain well in a colander and drizzle over a little olive oil. Shake the colander to mix the oil through the pasta.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred on the edges and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When the roasted vegetables are ready, add them to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the fresh basil or basil pesto.
- Pour the pasta into 1 large baking dish or 4 individual dishes. Spread over the sauce evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place under the oven grill until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve with the remaining fresh basil or pesto and a green side salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Mash
Here's our take on this classic dinner dish, perfect for chilly evenings spent w...
Kabsa is an ancient rice dish that is traditionally served mostly in the Middle...
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Recently, I discovered how to make mashed pot...