- 300g wholewheat pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100g grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add in the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain well in a colander and drizzle over a little olive oil. Shake the colander to mix the oil through the pasta.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred on the edges and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When the roasted vegetables are ready, add them to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the fresh basil or basil pesto.
- Pour the pasta into 1 large baking dish or 4 individual dishes. Spread over the sauce evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place under the oven grill until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve with the remaining fresh basil or pesto and a green side salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Orange Blossom Summer Sponge with Cream & Fresh Strawberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Grease and line...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) Set your stov...
Dubliner Artichoke Dip
Combine all ingredients and spoon the mixture into a 203ml baking dish. Bake fo...