- 300g wholewheat pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100g grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add in the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain well in a colander and drizzle over a little olive oil. Shake the colander to mix the oil through the pasta.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred on the edges and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When the roasted vegetables are ready, add them to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the fresh basil or basil pesto.
- Pour the pasta into 1 large baking dish or 4 individual dishes. Spread over the sauce evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place under the oven grill until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
- Serve with the remaining fresh basil or pesto and a green side salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Santa Claus Cookies
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and quickly knead by hand or using t...
Pumpkin Fritters with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the Fritters Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a...
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
Kerrygold Pancake Cereal
1. Start by putting the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bow...
Broccoli Puff Pastry Tart
Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat and put a baking sheet lined with bak...