- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs with caster sugar, add in the butter and mix until light and fluffy, then pour in the orange extract along with the ground almonds. Zest in the fresh orange into the mix and mix together.
- Next sift the flour and baking powder mix well. Lastly add the fresh orange juice into the mixture and blend together.
- With (really) floury hands, divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log 7.5cm in diameter. Place the logs on to a baking trays and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Leaving the oven on, transfer the loaves to a cutting board. Using a knife, cut each loaf into 1cm slices. Arrange the slices in one layer on a baking tray and return to the oven & bake for ten minutes. Turn the biscotti over and bake for a further ten minutes on the other side. Transfer the biscotti to wire racks to cool.
- Place a glass bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, and melt chocolate in the bowl. Once melted remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the orange extract.
- Dip the biscotti into the chocolate, leaving half of the biscotti without chocolate. Leave to cool.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Chilli Cheese Nuggets
Roughly cut the cheese into pieces. Place the cheese pieces in a pot on the lowe...
Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Balls
Place the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food proc...
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip
Place the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and mix until lig...
Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and let it come to room tempera...
Ribeye Steak with Grilled Asparagus, Corn Salad & Herb Butter Baguette
1. Wash the asparagus, cut off the lower ends and cut into oblique pieces. Blanc...