- 6 hot cross buns, halved
- Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, for spreading
- Marmalade, for spreading
- 600ml milk
- 400ml double cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g leftover Easter Eggs, broken into pieces or any chocolate of choice
- Custard, to serve
2. Spread the Kerrygold butter and marmalade on each half of the hot cross buns and arrange in a large ovenproof dish.
3. Gently heat the milk and cream together in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
4. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar until pale, then gradually pour in the milk and cream mixture. Zest one orange into the mixture and then continue to whisk constantly.
5. Remove the cinnamon stick, then pour the mixture over the hot cross buns and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the top and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with hot custard on the side.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
1. Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperat...
Peach Berry Crumble
The fresh fruits of summer do the heavy lifting in this easy Peach Berry Crumble...