- 1.5kg (3lb) large baking potatoes
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
For the sour cream & chive dip
- 225ml (8fl oz) (1 cup) sour cream
- 100g (4oz) (1 cup) grated Kerrygold Light Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, extra to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Scrub the potatoes and cut each one into 6-8 even-sized wedges, depending on their size. Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and then mix in the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Add the potato wedges and toss until well coated, then arrange them in rows ‘sitting’ upright on their skins in two roasting tins. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender and lightly golden, changing the oven shelves halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
- To make the dip; place the sour cream in a bowl and stir in the cheese and chives, then season to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When the wedges are cooked, heap them onto a warmed platter and garnish with a little extra pepper and chive. Serve with the sour cream cheese and chive dip.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Celebration Chocolate Cake
This cake is a very special treat and is great for all manner of occasions. If y...
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with Cheese
This is a variation on the traditional way of cooking potatoes in a cast-iron fr...
Pumpkin Risotto with Sage
The secret to success for a perfect risotto every time is to start by using a go...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
A roast leg of lamb is delicious any time of the year. Add some real Irish butte...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...