- 1.5kg (3lb) large baking potatoes
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
For the sour cream & chive dip
- 225ml (8fl oz) (1 cup) sour cream
- 100g (4oz) (1 cup) grated Kerrygold Light Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, extra to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Scrub the potatoes and cut each one into 6-8 even-sized wedges, depending on their size. Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and then mix in the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Add the potato wedges and toss until well coated, then arrange them in rows ‘sitting’ upright on their skins in two roasting tins. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender and lightly golden, changing the oven shelves halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
- To make the dip; place the sour cream in a bowl and stir in the cheese and chives, then season to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When the wedges are cooked, heap them onto a warmed platter and garnish with a little extra pepper and chive. Serve with the sour cream cheese and chive dip.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
American Style Pizza
For the Dough Put the water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and stir until...
Summer Pasta Bake
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat your oven to 22...
Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
St. Patrick’s Day Double Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Muffins Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and line a...
Traditional Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and thoroughly grease a 28cm spring f...