- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1,5 kg free range chicken
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold butter, softened
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped plus one extra
- 8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 stems thyme, leaves picked plus 1 stem, whole
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved or quartered, if large
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes and garlic on a greased roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the Kerrygold butter, chopped rosemary, sage and picked thyme leaves. Spread the herbed butter over the entire chicken, then season well with salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Place half a lemon in the chicken cavity and tie with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken, breast side down, in the roasting tin. Add the lemon wedges and the whole stems of rosemary and thyme. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and roast for a further 50-55 minutes or until the juices run clear. Baste several times during the cooking time. To ensure the skin is crispy, place under the grill for several minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...
7 Veg Chilli Con Carne
This chilli recipe is a family favourite and can be made in big batches and froz...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our tw...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...