- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1,5 kg free range chicken
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold butter, softened
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped plus one extra
- 8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 stems thyme, leaves picked plus 1 stem, whole
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved or quartered, if large
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes and garlic on a greased roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the Kerrygold butter, chopped rosemary, sage and picked thyme leaves. Spread the herbed butter over the entire chicken, then season well with salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Place half a lemon in the chicken cavity and tie with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken, breast side down, in the roasting tin. Add the lemon wedges and the whole stems of rosemary and thyme. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and roast for a further 50-55 minutes or until the juices run clear. Baste several times during the cooking time. To ensure the skin is crispy, place under the grill for several minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Line baking sheets with grease-proof paper. Now sift the flour an...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
This recipe has certainly stood the test of time and is ideal if you’ve got a...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...