- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded (core discarded)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 500ml (2 cups) pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- good pinch of ground cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a very large heavy-based pan. Add the butter and once it has melted, tip in the red cabbage and onions. Sauté over a medium to high heat for about 10 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Stir the apples into the cabbage mixture and then add the pomegranate or cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour over a low heat, stirring every 20 minutes until the cabbage is meltingly tender. Transfer to a warmed dish and serve at once.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...
Easter Egg Brownies
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) 1. Preheat yo...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) For the Cupcakes Prehe...
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
Vanilla Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celci...
Perfect Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6. Cut the potato...