- 225g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 100g (½ cup) caster sugar, extra to dredge
- 225g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted, extra for dusting
- 125g (1 cup) cornflour, sifted
- Freshly whipped cream
- Choice of fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
Great shortcake never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserves only the finest butter and with Kerrygold you’re on to a winner. Feet up, with a cup of tea and a shortcake or two. All in moderation, if you believe that sort of thing.
- Heat up the oven to 150°C, Gas Mark 2. Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Cut out the shapes using a heart shaped cutter.
- Place on a baking tray and leave in oven for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, whip fresh cream and place the cream and some fresh berries in between two biscuits. Top with more berries and a dredge of icing sugar to finish.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pavlova with Raspberries
Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and line a baking tray...
Serves Makes 1 Pavlova
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil...
Butter & Sage Crackers
Recipe by Iso Hungry Is the...
GINGERBREAD AND DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180’c and generously spray a Bundt tin with non-stick spra...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Zucchini and Cheddar Phyllo Pies
Recipe by Drizzle and Dip...
Cheesy Chicken Roulade
Recipe by: @ataleofsauceandspice For the Creamy Mash Pota...