- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 100g (4oz) hake fillets, skin on and boned
- 50g (4 tbsp) diced Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, chives and tarragon)
- ½ lemon, pips removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- steamed purple or long stemmed broccoli and crushed new potatoes, to serve
- lemon wedges to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hake fillets, skin side down. Cook for a minute or two until the skin is just beginning to crisp, then add half the diced butter scattered around each hake fillet and cook for another couple of minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the hake fillets over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through and tender. The time it takes the fish will depend on the thickness of the fillet. It is important to cook it until just opaque and flaking. To check this, gently prod the thickest part of the fish with the point of a knife and the flakes should separate easily. Transfer to warmed plates while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan and allow it to melt over a moderate heat. When it turns to a light brown foam, quickly add the herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice, swirling to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon this sauce over the hake fillets and add steamed broccoli and some crushed new potatoes. Garnish with the lemon wedges.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce
Don’t make reservations! Eat your special meal at home with these elegant Pan...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Why not give your mornings a boost and try Bulletproof Coffee laced with Kerr...
Caesar Salad with Chicken Breast and Cheddar
Start by cutting the bread into slices, then roughly dice. Press on the garl...
Heart Burger with Rocket and Paprika Chutney
For the Chutney Peel and finely dice the onion and peppers. Heat some...