- 1 brick softened Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (or substitute water)
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until it breaks down and starts to get creamy, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stream in the sugar, about 1 tablespoons at a time while constantly beating. Beat for another minute. It should be light, fluffy, and a pale yellow.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, salt and flour evenly over the dough. Beat to combine.
- Flour a work surface very well, and bring out 1/4 of the dough. Roll it out to 1/4” thick, and then use cookie cutters to cut out one shape. On half of the cookies, use the second, smaller cookie cutter to cut out a shape in the center. Return the extra dough to the bowl.
- Move the shapes to the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Refrigerate each baking sheet for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie cutter. They should just barely start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the jam and Chamboard (or water) until smooth.
- When the cookies are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- Dollop a small amount of jam on the larger cookie, and top with the cut-out cookie. Serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a sauc...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Ploughman’s Cheese Platter with Fig Chutney
For any cheese lover, this is the perfect lunch or snack. It is very transportab...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...
Spicy Butter Chicken
Recipe by Shirley Shannon This family favourite, fro...
Celebration Chocolate Cake
This cake is a very special treat and is great for all manner of occasions. If y...