- 2 cups cake wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh buttermilk
- 125g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Fresh cream to serve
1. Sift all dry ingredients, except the sugar, into a bowl.
2. Rub the Kerrygold Butter into the dry flour mixture.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla essence together.
4. Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients.
5. Gently knead and pat into a soft dough.
6. Cut the scones using a medium-sized scone cutter or anything that is a circular shape.
7. Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Lightly brush with egg or milk and place aside for 25 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve with Kerrygold Smooth Irish Butter and Mom's favourite cup of tea!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mediterranean Burger with Grilled Vegetables
For the Burger Buns 1. Put the flour and salt in a bo...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
This recipe uses a classic cheese sauce, which is the basis for so many dishes t...
Smoked salmon carbonara is also a fantastic supper dish. Simply replace the baco...