- 2 cups cake wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh buttermilk
- 125g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Fresh cream to serve
1. Sift all dry ingredients, except the sugar, into a bowl.
2. Rub the Kerrygold Butter into the dry flour mixture.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla essence together.
4. Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients.
5. Gently knead and pat into a soft dough.
6. Cut the scones using a medium-sized scone cutter or anything that is a circular shape.
7. Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Lightly brush with egg or milk and place aside for 25 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve with Kerrygold Smooth Irish Butter and Mom's favourite cup of tea!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
Traditional Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and thoroughly grease a 28cm spring f...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...