- 2 cups cake wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh buttermilk
- 125g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Fresh cream to serve
1. Sift all dry ingredients, except the sugar, into a bowl.
2. Rub the Kerrygold Butter into the dry flour mixture.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla essence together.
4. Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients.
5. Gently knead and pat into a soft dough.
6. Cut the scones using a medium-sized scone cutter or anything that is a circular shape.
7. Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Lightly brush with egg or milk and place aside for 25 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve with Kerrygold Smooth Irish Butter and Mom's favourite cup of tea!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Stuffed Onion Chicken Breast with Herb Butter Onion Chutney
Peel the onions and cut them into fine strips. Chop the garlic finely. Melt...
Kerrygold Dubliner Potato Bake
Recipe by: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha) 1. Preheat the o...
Chicken and Mushroom Pan with Herbs
1. Begin preparation by cutting the chicken breast fillets into approximately 1....
Peach Berry Crumble
The fresh fruits of summer do the heavy lifting in this easy Peach Berry Crumble...
Cheddar Quesadillas with Flank Steak and Chimichurri
It is best to prepare the chimichurri one to two days in advance. To do this, ch...