- 2 cups cake wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh buttermilk
- 125g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Fresh cream to serve
1. Sift all dry ingredients, except the sugar, into a bowl.
2. Rub the Kerrygold Butter into the dry flour mixture.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla essence together.
4. Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients.
5. Gently knead and pat into a soft dough.
6. Cut the scones using a medium-sized scone cutter or anything that is a circular shape.
7. Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Lightly brush with egg or milk and place aside for 25 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve with Kerrygold Smooth Irish Butter and Mom's favourite cup of tea!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Truffle Cheese Sauce Lamb Burger
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaan (@my_homemade_kitchen_za) For...
Steamed Fragrant Rice
This recipe uses basmati rice, the undisputed queen of rice. It actually triples...
Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Balls
Place the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food proc...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas 6 Heat the oil in a frying pan,...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Chocolate Pecan Brownie Trifle with Orange Blossom Cream
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Start by making the brow...