- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 small Japanese eggplant
- 150g Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh basil and oregano leaves, optional
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion and allow to cook until the onion is translucent - approximately 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and minced garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Now stir in the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook until the mixture is reduced to about 1 cup stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. While the tomato sauce is reducing, cut the tomatoes, zucchini, squash and eggplant into 1/8 slices.
5. Spread the tomato sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Place the vegetables in an alternating spiral pattern in the pan until the entire dish is filled. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and top with the grated Dubliner cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh basil and oregano leaves if desired. Can be served warm or room temperature.
Tip: Buy your vegetables at a similar width in diameter. The uniform fizes help to ensure that the vegetables all cook at the same rate.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...
Pavlova with Raspberries
Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and line a baking tray...
Ploughman’s Cheese Platter with Fig Chutney
For any cheese lover, this is the perfect lunch or snack. It is very transportab...
Sweet Potato Dumplings
Cook the sweet potatoes, whole and unpeeled, in very little water for 30 minutes...