- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (more to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 300g tomato purée
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 X 400g can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 400g can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- Brown rice or courgetti
- 1 x 250ml tub sour cream or creme frâiche
- 1/2 cup grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Favourite hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon and stir until there is no more pink visible.
- Sprinkle over all the spices and mix well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomato purée and the tomato paste and mix well. Then add the water and mix again.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and the corn and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Served topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes, spring onions and cheddar cheese
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Braised Red Cabbage
The easiest way to cut the red cabbage and onions is on a Japanese mandolin but...
Spicy Butter Chicken
Recipe by Shirley Shannon This family favourite, fro...
Rack of Lamb with Pea & Mint Mash
Lamb and mint are a match made in taste heaven! This recipe for a rack of lamb w...
Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Mash
Here's our take on this classic dinner dish, perfect for chilly evenings spent w...