- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (more to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 300g tomato purée
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 X 400g can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 400g can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- Brown rice or courgetti
- 1 x 250ml tub sour cream or creme frâiche
- 1/2 cup grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Favourite hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon and stir until there is no more pink visible.
- Sprinkle over all the spices and mix well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomato purée and the tomato paste and mix well. Then add the water and mix again.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and the corn and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Served topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes, spring onions and cheddar cheese
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spinach & Feta Pie
This is a great vegetarian option that should suit all of the family. Traditiona...
Kerrygold Basic Breakfast Sticky Buns
The possibilities for variations are endless, but the one constant is a great st...
Chicken Pot Pie
Discover the ultimate comfort food hidden underneath a flaky buttery rough puff...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...