- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (more to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 300g tomato purée
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 X 400g can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 400g can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- Brown rice or courgetti
- 1 x 250ml tub sour cream or creme frâiche
- 1/2 cup grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Favourite hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon and stir until there is no more pink visible.
- Sprinkle over all the spices and mix well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomato purée and the tomato paste and mix well. Then add the water and mix again.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and the corn and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Served topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes, spring onions and cheddar cheese
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Broccoli Puff Pastry Tart
Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat and put a baking sheet lined with bak...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with Cheese
This is a variation on the traditional way of cooking potatoes in a cast-iron fr...
Lightly cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla ess...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...