- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (more to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 300g tomato purée
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 X 400g can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 400g can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- Brown rice or courgetti
- 1 x 250ml tub sour cream or creme frâiche
- 1/2 cup grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Favourite hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon and stir until there is no more pink visible.
- Sprinkle over all the spices and mix well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomato purée and the tomato paste and mix well. Then add the water and mix again.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and the corn and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Served topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes, spring onions and cheddar cheese
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushy Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
One Pot Summer Chicken Casserole
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat the oven to 350...
Carrot Cake with Orange Blossom Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin wit...
Pressed Flower Shortbread Cookies
These delicate cookies make for a beautiful edible gift. They have a rich and bu...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...