For the Mash Potato Filling
- 2 large potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 tsp ground green chillies
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp dried herbs
For the Sauce
- 2 tbps Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mochachos mild sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
For the Roulade/Chicken Mixture
- 500g chicken fillet
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- 2 tsp ground green chillies, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed roasted cumin powder
- 1 large onion, chopped and water squeezed out
- 2 tsp chicken spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Kerrygold Mature Cheddar, grated
For the Creamy Mash Potato Filling:1. Boil potatoes then mash them while they are hot as this ensures a smooth mash (once you let them sit after boiling they turn sticky).
2. Add ground green chillies, salt, pepper, butter, mayonnaise and dried herbs of your choice. Mix everything together and set it aside.
For the Sauce:3. Boil all of the sauce ingredients together then pour over the baked chicken roulade.
For the Roulade/Chicken Mixture:4. Run the chicken fillet through a food processor to get mince. Then add in all of the above ingredients and process again until everything is well-combined.
5. Grease 2 large pieces of foil with Kerrygold Butter. Spread a layer of the minced chicken mixture onto the greased foil. You will be able to make two rolls from this recipe.
6. Spread an even layer of creamy mash over the chicken and add a layer of Kerrygold cheese.
7. Roll it up like a swiss roll with the help of the foil peeling back the foil as you roll. Prevent the foil from rolling inside. Lift the foil and roll forward then peel back and roll. Keep rolling until you reach the end. Keep the roll inside the foil and secure it inside making it like a foil cylinder/parcel. Tuck the two ends together then place the foil cylinders in a baking tray. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
8. While the chicken roulade is baking, boil the sauce and keep it ready.
9. Once the chicken roulade is done baking, carefully unroll the foil and discard it.
10. Keep the chicken rolls in the tray and pour the boiled sauce over. Let it bake until heated through.
For the Garnish11. Peel and grate potatoes. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the grated potatoes, then fry them until crispy. Throw over the roulade and enjoy.
12. Serve hot with fried grated potatoes and freshly chopped coriander. I also added thin discs of cheese for garnish.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) Set your stov...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Kerrygold Cheesy Baked Fries
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za) For...
Rasberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Celebration Chocolate Cake
This cake is a very special treat and is great for all manner of occasions. If y...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...