- 50g (4 tbsp), extra to grease Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 225g (3 cups) button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 225ml (1 cup) chicken stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 4 tbsp cream
- 12 thin savoury pancakes or crêpes (shop-bought)
- 350g (2 cups) boneless cooked chicken, any skin removed and shredded
- 100g (1 cup) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- spinach salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas mark 5. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan, then add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring and then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the cream into the mushroom sauce and allow to warm through and then fold in the chicken. Season to taste. Spoon some of this mixture onto a quarter of each pancake or crêpe. Fold in half, and then in half again to form neat pockets.
- Arrange the filled pancakes in a buttered ovenproof dish, just large enough to hold them and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes straight to the table with a separate bowl of spinach salad and allow everyone to help themselves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Panna Cotta with Butter-Braised Peaches
First, make the panna cotta: In a small saucepan add the milk. Sprin...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit of...