Sides & Nibbles
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
- 1kg brussel sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- a good knob of Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
This is a great way to ensure that your Brussel sprouts end up perfectly cooked. They can be cooked and refreshed a few hours in advance, which guarantees no more over-cooked lifeless specimens.
- Trim the Brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half. The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large Zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a sauté pan and sauté the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and sauté for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the sauté pan and tip in the blanched Brussel sprouts, then sauté over a medium heat until warmed through. Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl. Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This is a really tasty way of serving fish and one that all of the family is sur...
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Recently, I discovered how to make mashed pot...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Bran & Buttermilk Rusks
Recipe by @drizzleanddip T...
Serves One large tray of rusks
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Rib Eye with Compound Butter
Recipe by J'Something...
Serves 2, approximately
Barbecue Potato Kebabs with Harissa Herb Butter Dip
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes. If ne...