- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Red Onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 3 400g Tins of Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Red and 1 Green Chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 30g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 1 400g Tin of Chickpeas, drained
- 1 400g Tin of Red Kidney Beans, drained
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Hot Cayenne Pepper
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan heat the butter over a medium heat and sweat down the red onion until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the butter to the pan before adding the sweet potatoes, chillies and Cayenne Pepper, fry in the butter for 3-4 minutes. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and allow to fully evaporate off.
2. Pour in the Vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
3. Drain the kidney beans and chickpeas and add these in the pan and simmer for 5 mins before finishing the dish with
chopped fresh coriander.
4. Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Festive Mince Pie Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c and line a 20cm baking tin. 2. In a bowl...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...