Tip: We recommend the following cooking times, depending on the thickness of the steak:
Blue: 1 minute each side
Rare: 2 minutes each side
Medium-Rare: 3 minutes each side
Medium: 4 minutes each side
Well done: 5 minutes each side
- Heat up the oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- Lay the steak into the pan and leave it for a minute to colour, add some of the Kerrygold butter, the fresh herbs and the garlic.
- Using tongs, turn the steak and make sure the herbs are underneath and on the top of the meat.
- Add more Kerrygold butter and using a dessert spoon start to baste the Kerrygold and the herbs over the steak, and turn the steak again. Cook for another minute and keep basting.
- Remove the steak and leave to rest for couple of minutes throw in the last of the butter and roll it round the hot pan.
Pour this over your steak and enjoy!
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...
Summer Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4. Place a casserole dish o...
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...