- Heat the oven to 220˚c fan.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, add the sugar and place on the heat, let this bubble and start to caramelise without stirring, be patient but keep an eye on it.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and it is a dark caramel colour, remove from the heat.
- Carefully lay your cut pear onto the melted sugar, careful - it will be exceedingly hot! Add in the Kerrygold butter and swirl around the pan.
- Arrange the pears so that they cover the base of the pan, now sprinkle over the chocolate- this will melt into the pear as it cooks.
- Place your rolled out pastry onto the pears and tuck down the edges snugly.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes until the pasty is golden and the caramel is bubbling up the sides, remove and leave to settle for 2 minutes.
- Using a folded tea towel you need to turn the pan over onto a plate - be very careful as the hot caramel can drip out.
- Serve piping hot with some ice-cream of your choice.
1. Place a large pan of water on to boil while you start your filling....
Butternut Squash Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4....
Roast Spring Chicken with Buttered Leeks and a Herb Dressing
Chargrilled Chicken Skewers with Avocado, Coriander and Lime Butter
1. In a large bowl, add the chicken, spices, oil, lime juice and season gener...
Sirloin Steaks with a Porcini, Black Garlic and Thyme Butter
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with sal...