- Heat the oven to 220˚c fan.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, add the sugar and place on the heat, let this bubble and start to caramelise without stirring, be patient but keep an eye on it.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and it is a dark caramel colour, remove from the heat.
- Carefully lay your cut pear onto the melted sugar, careful - it will be exceedingly hot! Add in the Kerrygold butter and swirl around the pan.
- Arrange the pears so that they cover the base of the pan, now sprinkle over the chocolate- this will melt into the pear as it cooks.
- Place your rolled out pastry onto the pears and tuck down the edges snugly.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes until the pasty is golden and the caramel is bubbling up the sides, remove and leave to settle for 2 minutes.
- Using a folded tea towel you need to turn the pan over onto a plate - be very careful as the hot caramel can drip out.
- Serve piping hot with some ice-cream of your choice.
Summer Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4. Place a casserole dish o...
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...