- Heat the oven to 220˚c fan.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, add the sugar and place on the heat, let this bubble and start to caramelise without stirring, be patient but keep an eye on it.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and it is a dark caramel colour, remove from the heat.
- Carefully lay your cut pear onto the melted sugar, careful - it will be exceedingly hot! Add in the Kerrygold butter and swirl around the pan.
- Arrange the pears so that they cover the base of the pan, now sprinkle over the chocolate- this will melt into the pear as it cooks.
- Place your rolled out pastry onto the pears and tuck down the edges snugly.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes until the pasty is golden and the caramel is bubbling up the sides, remove and leave to settle for 2 minutes.
- Using a folded tea towel you need to turn the pan over onto a plate - be very careful as the hot caramel can drip out.
- Serve piping hot with some ice-cream of your choice.
Buttered Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
1. Preheat oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. 2. In a mixing bowl, comb...
Festive Pumpkin and Ginger Cake with Salted Caramel Icing
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c 2. Line and grease 4 cake tins. 3....
Spring Vegetable Risotto
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil over a...
Festive Mince Pie Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c and line a 20cm baking tin. 2. In a bowl...
1. Place a large pan of water on to boil while you start your filling....