- 225g Kerrygold Salted Butter (extra for greasing)
- 100g Caster Sugar (extra to dredge)
- 225g Plain Flour (sifted, extra for dusting)
- 125g Cornflour (sifted)
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserves only the finest butter and with Kerrygold you’re on to a winner. Feet up, with a cup of tea and a square or two. All in moderation, if you believe that sort of thing.
- Heat up the oven to 150°C (300°F), Gas Mark 2. Grease a 23cm x 33cm (9in x 13in) Swiss roll baking tin with butter. Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined. Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tin and using floured hands, level the surface with a firm touch.
- Pierce the surface liberally with a fork but keep the surface level. Bake for 50-60 minutes but keep an eye on the oven. A uniform light golden colour is the rule of thumb. The trick is to not let it turn golden brown.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and dredge generously with caster sugar. Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, arrange on a large plate and present it on the table to tempt guests. This shortbread also makes a perfect partner to most desserts.
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...
Dark Chocolate Pots with Cherry Compote
1. Starting with the compote, add the cherries to a wide saucepan with two tb...
Summer Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4. Place a casserole dish o...
Chocolate and Orange Hot Cross Bun Bake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Spread the Kerrygold butter and...