- For the Filling;
- 500g Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs, diced
- 150g Thick Cut Cooked Ham, diced
- 2 Leeks, slice 2 cm thick
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- For the pastry;
- 100g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 220g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Egg, beaten to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- In a heavy bottomed frying fan, heat the olive oil before frying the diced chicken thighs over a medium high heat until
beginning to brown. Add the torn/diced ham along with the leeks and saute for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir through the plain flour and mustard powder and cook out for 2 minutes before pouring in the stock gradually whilst stirring, followed by the milk.
- Simmer on medium for 5 minutes until thickened, stir through the thyme and set aside.
- In a food processor or using fingertips, crumble the butter, flour and salt together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add a little water at a time until it comes together to form a dough. Leave to rest in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken and ham filling into a suitable pie dish or oven tray. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface
to the thickness of a pound coin. Lay the pastry over the filling, pinching the edges against the walls of the tray. Cut a steam vent in the centre and glaze with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until bubbling and golden.
Butternut Squash Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4....
Blueberry and Lemon Traybake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease a traybake tin. Beat the...
Roast Chicken with Roast Garlic, Lemon Zest and Herb Butter and Smashed Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6 Cu...
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...