- Chicken Marinade
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- To cook the chicken
- 50g Kerrygold salted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the curry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillis, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- a splash of water, if needed
- 200ml double cream
- a handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds
- 200g basmati rice, cooked
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 50g dried cranberries
1. In a bowl, add in the ingredients for the marinade and the diced chicken and mix well. Leave for as long as you can, 20 minutes-24 hours!
2. When you’re ready to cook, drain off the marinade. Don’t worry if it doesn’t all come off – it’s all flavor!
3. Warm the butter in a saucepan and add in the marinated chicken. Stir well and add the lemon juice. Now pop in the onions, garlic, chilli, tomato puree and chilli powder.
4. Cook for a few minutes until the onions have softened.
5. Next, add in a splash of water (if needed) and then the cream, stir well and let simmer until all combined and the chicken is cooked - about 20 minutes should do it.
6. Once finished, sprinkle the coriander and black onion seeds on top.
7. Warm the basmati rice and mix in the pomegranate and cranberry - add in some more coriander and black onion seeds as well.
8. Serve immediately!
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...