- Chicken Marinade
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- To cook the chicken
- 50g Kerrygold salted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the curry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillis, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- a splash of water, if needed
- 200ml double cream
- a handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds
- 200g basmati rice, cooked
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 50g dried cranberries
1. In a bowl, add in the ingredients for the marinade and the diced chicken and mix well. Leave for as long as you can, 20 minutes-24 hours!
2. When you’re ready to cook, drain off the marinade. Don’t worry if it doesn’t all come off – it’s all flavor!
3. Warm the butter in a saucepan and add in the marinated chicken. Stir well and add the lemon juice. Now pop in the onions, garlic, chilli, tomato puree and chilli powder.
4. Cook for a few minutes until the onions have softened.
5. Next, add in a splash of water (if needed) and then the cream, stir well and let simmer until all combined and the chicken is cooked - about 20 minutes should do it.
6. Once finished, sprinkle the coriander and black onion seeds on top.
7. Warm the basmati rice and mix in the pomegranate and cranberry - add in some more coriander and black onion seeds as well.
8. Serve immediately!
Kerrygold Easy Peasy Fishcakes
Firstly, put your potatoes on to boil and then pop another saucepan o...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a...
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...