- For the cupcakes:
- 150g Kerrygold® Unsalted Irish Butter 227g
- 200g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 100g fresh strawberries, finely diced
- For the icing:
- 227g Kerrygold® Unsalted Irish Butter 227g
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 small strawberries, halved
Heat oven to 170C fan and line a cupcake tray with cases.
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, milk and butter (at room temperature) into a bowl.
- With an electric hand mixer, whisk for 1-2 minutes to a smooth batter then fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cases and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack after 5 minutes to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, whisk the room temperature butter until soft and creamy then gradually add the icing sugar. Add in the milk and whisk until soft and light followed by the vanilla and a few drops of food colouring to tint your buttercream.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes and decorate each with half a strawberry on top.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Arborio Rice and Coconut Pudding
Place all the ingredients for the compote into a small saucepan. Brin...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...