The buttery crust makes a luscious frame for fresh raspberries. Serve with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened, softly whipped cream.
To make the crust:
- Heat oven to 200c.
- In a food processor, whirl together flour and salt. Add butter to the processor, pulsing just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk and water, 1 teaspoon at a time; process just until dough clumps together and begins to form a ball.
- Lightly dust your ball of dough with flour and roll out into a round that will fit on your baking sheet. You want it to be about 30cm round.
To fill tart:
- Line your baking sheet with cooking parchment. Put your pastry on top. Distribute berries in the centre of pastry, leaving about a 10cm border.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cornflour. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons mixture evenly over fruit.
- Gently fold edges of pastry over berries, pleating edges to fit; leave an opening of in the centre.
- Brush pastry with reserved egg white from the crust. Sprinkle pastry lightly with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake tart on the bottom rack of the 200c oven until crust is golden on bottom and juices bubble, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on pan at least 15 minutes. While still warm, with wide spatula loosen tart from pan especially where juices have leaked out.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm or cool. Cut in wedges.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Stain Glass Window Cookies
This recipe makes 20 of Shane Smith's stain glass window cookies:...
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
Give your guests a real treat at Christmas or wrap some up and give as a thou...
Rory O’Connell’s Pistachio Cake with Raspberries, Lemon Basil and Rosewater Cream
This cake by Rory O'Connell has a lovely combination of flavours and has the...
Rory O’ Connell’s Dried Fig, Date, Almond , Pistachio and Chocolate Cake
Rory O'Connell's delicious dried fig, date, almond, pistachio and chocolate c...
Salty Vanilla Bean Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof pape...