- Heat the milk until lukewarm.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the middle. Break in yeast. Mix with the sugar and milk into a dough. Cover and leave in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel onions, quarter and cut into slices.
- Melt 40g of Kerrygold in a pan. Add the onion slices and cook over a medium heat until they are soft but not brown. Leave to cool.
- Add 3 tbsp Kerrygold and 1 tsp salt to your dough. Knead everything together again to a smooth dough. Cover in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk cream and egg yolks together. Season with salt and cumin. Grease a baking tray (32 x 40 cm) with butter.
- Knead your dough again and roll out. Lay on your greased baking tin.
- Spread onions on the dough. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with bacon cubes and grated cheddar. Pour your cream and egg mix over this. Bake in the preheated oven (electric cooker: 200°C / circulating air: 175°C /gas: see manufacturer) for approx. 25 minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Salade Tiede of Lamb Kidneys, Glazed Shallots and Straw Potatoes
Begin by preparing the shallots. Place the shallots, butte...
Farmette’s Milk Bread
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...
Rory O’Connell’s Roast Rack of Lamb crusted with Grain Mustard, Chilli and Thyme Leaves
Preheat the oven to 220c. Carefully remove excess fat and...
spicy San Marzano tomato and butter sauce Pizza
For the pizza dough: Mix the yeast and water t...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9 x...