To make pastry:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Form the mixture into a ball and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, cut ball into 4 equal pieces and then cut each piece into 12 equal parts.
- Roll each part into ball and use your thumb to press into mini muffin pan.
- Bake pastry for 5 minutes before filling to prevent crusts from getting soggy.
- While the crusts are baking, prepare the filling
To make the filling:
- Put eggs, sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla and pecans in a bowl and mix well.
- Fill each pastry with 1-2 teaspoons of filling.
- Bake at 180c for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool tarts completely in pan and use a spoon for each removal.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
BBQ Shrimp and Grits
Tip: Light up the barbeque approximately one hour before grilling, this will...
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...