- 1 pack, softened Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 360g plain flour, plus more for rolling
- 165g blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (or substitute water)
- Icing sugar, for serving
Use your favorite seasonal cutters for these biscuits or simple hearts look great too!
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until it breaks down and starts to get creamy, about 1 minute. Slowly stream in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time while constantly beating. Beat for another minute. It should be light, fluffy, and a pale yellow.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, salt and flour evenly over the dough. Beat to combine.
- Flour a work surface very well, and bring out 1/4 of the dough. Roll it out to 6mm thick, and then use cookie cutters to cut out one shape. On half of the cookies, use the second, smaller cookie cutter to cut out a shape in the centre. Return the extra dough to the bowl.
- Move the shapes to the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Refrigerate each baking sheet for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie cutter. They should just barely start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the jam and Chambord (or water) until smooth.
- When the cookies are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- Dollop a small amount of jam on the larger cookie, and top with the cut-out cookie. Serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...