- 1 pack, softened Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 360g plain flour, plus more for rolling
- 165g blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (or substitute water)
- Icing sugar, for serving
Use your favorite seasonal cutters for these biscuits or simple hearts look great too!
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until it breaks down and starts to get creamy, about 1 minute. Slowly stream in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time while constantly beating. Beat for another minute. It should be light, fluffy, and a pale yellow.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, salt and flour evenly over the dough. Beat to combine.
- Flour a work surface very well, and bring out 1/4 of the dough. Roll it out to 6mm thick, and then use cookie cutters to cut out one shape. On half of the cookies, use the second, smaller cookie cutter to cut out a shape in the centre. Return the extra dough to the bowl.
- Move the shapes to the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Refrigerate each baking sheet for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie cutter. They should just barely start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the jam and Chambord (or water) until smooth.
- When the cookies are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- Dollop a small amount of jam on the larger cookie, and top with the cut-out cookie. Serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
French Toast with Peaches and Bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon,...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Method Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Heat the o...
BBQ Shrimp and Grits
Tip: Light up the barbeque approximately one hour before grilling, this will...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
ROAST CHICKEN RIGATONI With BEARNAISE KERRYGOLD BUTTER
Paul Flynn's roast chicken rigatoni serves 4. Place the shall...
Rory O’ Connell’s Dried Fig, Date, Almond , Pistachio and Chocolate Cake
Rory O'Connell's delicious dried fig, date, almond, pistachio and chocolate c...