- 450g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, peeled
- 250g smoked haddock fillets, skinless
- 250g salmon fillets, skinless
- 100g prawns
- 450ml milk
- 60g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 30g melted Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 60g flour
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 60g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger part of a box grater and place the grated potato into a bowl of cold water to stop them from going brown. Grate the cheddar using the same side of the grater and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the smoked haddock and the salmon in a saucepan, pour over the milk and drop in the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cook over a low heat for five minutes, then drain, holding on to the milk but discarding the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Then add the fish to your roasting tray.
- Melt 60g of butter in a saucepan then stir in the flour and cook for five minutes to make a roux. Add the milk that you poached the fish in as well as the mustard, and beat, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper, add in half the dill and pour over the fish.
- Drain the grated potatoes and pat dry with a clean tea towel until they are completely dry. Mix the grated potatoes in a bowl with the grated cheddar, the rest of the dill and sea salt and scatter over the fish and the sauce.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and brush over the top of the pie to ensure the top gets really crispy. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Easy Roast Lamb
Want to watch Paul Flynn cook this Easy Lamb Roast? click...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Victoria Sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C Cream the butter and sugar toge...