Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre of the bowl and break in the 2 eggs and add the butter in small pieces. Using an electric hand mixer beat all the ingredients together until combined.
- Add in half the milk/water and beat again until combined. You are looking for the batter to be light and creamy. Add the rest of the liquid if you need it- you may not.
- Add a drop or two of orange food colouring and mix through. Add further food colouring until you achieve your desired colour.
- Divide the batter evenly into the paper cases and place in an oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm and light brown on top.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before applying the decoration.
- Combine the egg whites and icing sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer on medium speed until opaque and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, this will thin out the icing. Beat for another couple of minutes until you reach a thin spreading consistency
- Once the cupcake has cooled, drizzle the thinly consisted royal icing over the top, allowing this to spill over the edges of the cupcake.
- Using a clean paintbrush, dab the melted chocolate on to each marshmallow to draw a ghoulish ghost face.
- Nestle your marshallow ghost on top of each iced cake while icing is still wet and leave to set.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...
Summerberry Ice-cream Meringue Cake
Paul Flynn's ice-cream cake is a really impressive dessert. Deceptively eas...
Barbequed Middle Eastern Style Lamb Chops with an Irish Summer Salad
Preparation: Ideally, the night before or at least a few hour...
Farmette’s Milk Bread
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Kerrygold Fish Pie
Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger p...