- ½ cup (125 g) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 g) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Adobo sauce from tin of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (or 1 tablespoon chili powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 g) shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups (500 g) kale (stems removed), finely chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, finely chopped
- A big handful of fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb (450 g) hot-smoked salmon (or your favorite hot-smoked fish)
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (250g) farmhouse queso fresco (see recipe below)
- limes, cut in wedges, for garnish
"Every Tuesday night, the farm kitchen is transformed into a taqueria. Whether we use our own chicken, whatever is fresh and fun at the fishmonger, or a fresh cut from the local butcher, a little Mexicana on the schedule saves us a three-hour drive to the nearest margarita and mole. Our favorite standby is Hot-Smoked Burren Salmon Tacos. Combining smoky chipotle with garden-fresh kale and cabbage verde, these fish tacos pack a rich and flavorful yet balanced punch, not to mention plenty of omega-3s and antioxidants."
- Make the crema: Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together in a large bowl.
- Add the adobo sauce, cumin, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the verde: In a food processor, pulse the cabbage, kale, chili pepper, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt to taste until coarsely chopped.
- Assemble the tacos: Flake the hot-smoked salmon into each tortilla, and top with a spoonful each of crema and verde. 2-3 tablespoons of queso fresco.
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pou...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9 x...
Rory O’ Connell’s Mackerel Cakes with Spiced Tomato Oil
Rory O'Connell's Mackerel Cakes with Spiced Tomato Oil Serves...
CAULIFLOWER KORMA, RAISIN AND ALMOND PIE
Paul Flynn's cauliflower korma, raisin and almond pie serves 4....