- For the pizza Dough: makes 6-8 dough balls
- 1kg of strong/bread flour
- 6g of fresh yeast (or 3 grams of dry active)
- 600ml of cold water
- 30g of sea salt
- the cheesy, buttery green veggie pizza:
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 50g double cream
- 50g fresh mozzarella
- 25g goat's cheese
- 15g mature sharp white cheddar
- Half of a leek
- 3 tender stems of broccoli
- 2 spring onions
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
For the Pizza dough
- Mix the yeast and water together
- Add 10% of flour to act as a buffer before adding salt.
- Add remaining flour and combine all the elements together
- Kneading for 10-20 mins until smooth (this will build the gluten network)
- Cover the dough mixture and let it rest for approx. one hour, this will allow the dough to relax and fully absorb all elements.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 8 balls of even size/weight
- Place the dough balls on a floured tray & cover with cling film. Leave these to proof at room temp for 5-7 hours depending on temperature. If the dough is starting to proof before that, you can place them into the fridge.
- After proofing, the dough should be doubled in size. At this point dough is good to use but for optimum results put into the fridge for 24-48 hours to slow proof.
- Before cooking, remove the pizza dough from the fridge about 45 mins to an hour to get the dough to room temperature
- You are now ready to make pizza.
Prepare the pizza sauce & toppings:
- Mix your double cream & white pepper to make the Bianca sauce to add on top of your pizza
- Place a pan on low heat and add in some Kerrygold butter
- Once melted, add all your chopped veggies and cook until they are slightly softer in texture
For the pizza:
- Preheat your grill about 15 minutes before cooking the pizza
- Next, flatten out your pizza dough ball with your hands on a lightly floured work surface
- Starting at the center & working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to about a half inch in thickness.
- Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch any further.
- Once you have your desired pizza shape, brush the top lightly with olive oil (this will prevent it getting soggy form the toppings)
- Place your pizza dough in a frying pan (on a medium heat) & spread the Bianca sauce over the pizza
- Now, you can layer on your pizza toppings. Add the parmesan, veggies & goat's cheese
- Add salt to taste, there is already white pepper in the Bianca sauce but add some more if you so wish
- Once the base of the pizza is slightly golden you can now place the pizza under the grill
- The pizza will only need 2 to 3 minutes under the grill so make sure to keep an eye on it
- Before serving, grate some sharp cheddar cheese on top and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...