- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- A 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 50mls sunflower oil
- 2 tbs ready made Korma paste or powder (look out for Green Saffron blends)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tin chickpeas (400g)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 200g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Some fresh coriander to serve
- Lentil Dahl:
- 200g puy lentils, pre-soaked in cold water
- 100g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 6 cardamon pods crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1x 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbs tomato purée
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 400g
- 400 mls water
- 2 red chillies, halved lengthways
- Salt and black pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- Break the cauliflower into small florets and boil in salted water until just soft, drain and set aside.
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger and oil into a food processor and pulse until evenly chopped. (if you don’t have a processor just chop everything as fine as you can).
- Add the sunflower oil to a pot and then add the mixture and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the Korma paste.
- Continue to cook for 3 more minutes then add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the lime, the cooked cauliflower and tomatoes, then the salt, pepper and sugar and it’s ready to serve. Scatter over some fresh coriander before serving.
- Melt the butter and add all the spices followed by the garlic and ginger.
- Cook over a low to medium heat for ten minutes then add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes then add the water.
- Add the drained lentils and the chillies, then simmer for about 20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Season, add the sugar and its ready.Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt on top.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Rory O’Connell’s Orange Grand Marnier Souffle
Preheat the oven to 190°C and place an upturned oven tray in the ove...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...