- 1 tsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp ground pecans or almonds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed flour (golden or brown)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1-2 tsp Erythritol or keto sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 small cubes of Kerrygold Original Irish Butter to serve
Oatmeal is a comforting breakfast dish, but it’s not the low-carb or keto-friendly food you’re looking for. With its warm, comforting flavour and deliciously chewy texture, my keto porridge is a healthy and low carb way to start your day.
1. Melt one teaspoon of Kerrygold butter in a saucepan.
2. Add your nut milk of choice and allow to heat together, do not boil the milk.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat, keep stirring gently until thickened to your preferred texture. You may add more liquid if required, either water or more nut milk.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
6. Serve warm topped with the Kerrygold butter cubes, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans for a wholesome hearty breakfast.
Here are some tasty variations that may be added to the above:
- Top with 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt, blackberries and a drizzle of warmed almond nut butter.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves and top with 1/4 cup pumpkin puree.
- Top with 2 tablespoons Keto granola or a seed mix and 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and stir in 1/3 cup blueberries.
- Top with 1/3 cup fresh raspberries and 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Top with 1 tablespoon almond nut butter, 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almond and 1 tablespoon coconut flakes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Beef Rolls in Tomato Ragù
This is traditionally made every Sunday in all regions of southern Italy. The to...
Chocolate & Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas 6 Heat the oil in a frying pan,...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) For the Cupcakes Prehe...
Beetroot Butter with Lime
1. Let the butter rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then whip the b...