- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons (cold and cut in chunks) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream plus additional for brushing the scones
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Raw sugar for sprinkling on top of scones
Optional Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (205°C)
- Put flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in bowl of food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the chunks of butter and pulse until mixture becomes a coarse crumble.
- Place flour mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add cut rhubarb and strawberries and coat in flour mixture, gently so as not to smash fruit. Add cream and vanilla and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Place dough on a floured surface and lightly pat into a 12-inch (30cm) circle. Using a 2-inch (5cm) biscuit cutter, cut scones out and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Reshape dough and cut until dough is gone.
- Brush tops of scones with cream and sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Directions for glaze:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over scones just before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Easter Egg Brownies
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) 1. Preheat yo...
Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...
Vintage Cheddar Burger with Fried Onions
Cut open the burger buns and coat he two cut surfaces with soft Kerrygold bu...
One Pot Summer Chicken Casserole
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat the oven to 350...