- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons (cold and cut in chunks) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream plus additional for brushing the scones
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Raw sugar for sprinkling on top of scones
Optional Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (205°C)
- Put flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in bowl of food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the chunks of butter and pulse until mixture becomes a coarse crumble.
- Place flour mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add cut rhubarb and strawberries and coat in flour mixture, gently so as not to smash fruit. Add cream and vanilla and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Place dough on a floured surface and lightly pat into a 12-inch (30cm) circle. Using a 2-inch (5cm) biscuit cutter, cut scones out and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Reshape dough and cut until dough is gone.
- Brush tops of scones with cream and sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Directions for glaze:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over scones just before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Healthy Kerrygold Cheddar Muffins
1. Peel the onion and carrots and finely dice the onion. Coarsely grate the carr...
Traditional Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and thoroughly grease a 28cm spring f...
Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Jerk Buttered Cauliflower with Watermelon Salad
Recipe by Anina's Recipes...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...