Rack of Lamb with Pea & Mint Mash
- 2 racks of lamb with long ribs (400g each, trimmed)
- 30g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp mild mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 125g fine white bread crumbs
- 30g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 bunch parsely, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed and finely chopped
- Rind of one lemon
Pea & mint mash:
- 450g floury potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed while warm (or pressed through a potato press)
- 450g peas, cooked
- 150ml cream
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
Lamb and mint are a match made in taste heaven! This recipe for a rack of lamb with pea and mint mash is the perfect choice for an Easter or St Paddy's Day feast.
- Remove the thick layer of fat from the meat. Only a thin layer of fat should remain. Wrap the tip of the ribs with aluminium foil; this will prevent burning. Using a small amount of oil, briefly flash-fry the fatty side of the rack in a frying pan. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Mix 30 g of the melted Kerrygold butter with the mustard. Spread the mixture over the fatty side of each rack. Mix together the remaining herb crust mixture. Divide between the two finished sides of the racks and press down firmly.
- Place the racks in a roasting dish. Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for approx. 20 to 25 minutes. The meat will then be pink and juicy. Leave the meat to rest for a short while before dividing it into 4 portions. Place the peas and fresh mint into a food processor or mixer. Mix until everything is viscid. Heat the cream and Kerrygold Butter. Fold in the peas and mashed potatoes. Stir well. Everything must be well mixed together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir on a low heat until everything is warmed through.
- Optionally, you can serve a suitable sauce, such as a dark gravy (150 ml lamb juice).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Easy Caramel Rolls with Apples
Recipe and image credit: Garni...
Kerrygold Easter Chocolate Brownies
1. Put the butter and the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of si...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Line a 20x20 cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside. For the...
Trout Burger with Spicy Lemon Butter Sauce
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za)...
Stuffed Onion Chicken Breast with Herb Butter Onion Chutney
Peel the onions and cut them into fine strips. Chop the garlic finely. Melt...