For the Brownies
- 210g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 300g dark chocolate couverture
- 225g of sugar
- 4 eggs (medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 150g wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Cream
- 300g whipped cream
- 100g dark chocolate couverture
- 150g walnuts
For the Chocolate Cream1. Chop the couverture and place it in a bowl. Now heat the cream in a small saucepan and remove it from the stove as soon as it boils.
2. Pour over the couverture, let stand for 2 minutes and then stir until smooth. Put the cream in the fridge to cool.
For the Brownies3. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
4. Chop the couverture and put it in a saucepan with the butter. Melt over low heat, making sure that the mixture does not get too hot.
5. Let the mass cool down for 10 - 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
6. Put the eggs together with the sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl and use the hand mixer or food processor to whisk until white and frothy in 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the cooled chocolate-butter mixture, cocoa powder, flour and a pinch of salt to the egg mixture and stir in. Make sure all the ingredients combine without working too much air into the dough.
8. Bake the brownies on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes. Do a toothpick sample to see if they are ready. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely.
9. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast them in the preheated oven at 180°C top/bottom heat for 8-10 minutes. As soon as they start to smell, take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
10. To finish, beat the ice-cold chocolate cream until stiff using the hand mixer or food processor. Spread the chocolate cream on the cake, sprinkle the walnuts on top and cut them into pieces.
11. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
White Chocolate Blood Orange Cheesecake Tarts
To prepare the blood orange jam: Peel, slice and seed the bl...
Baked Pears with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is perfect for a cold winter’s day and of course you could use ho...
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large saute pan ov...
Kerrygold Milk Tart Cheesecake
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) For the Bas...