For the Cookie Butter
- 30 spiced cookies
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 170g cookie butter, substitute with any nut butter
- 300g white marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 100g puffed rice cereal
- 70g spiced cookies
For the Ganache
- 180g white chocolate
- 80ml cream
- 40g spiced cookies
For the Cookie Butter1. Pulse the cookies in a food processor until they are finely processed.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, cream, butter, and cinnamon and process for another 2 minutes until smooth. Add more milk if necessary.
3. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
For the Chocolate Ganache4. Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer (do no rapid boil).
5. Pour over the chocolate, then allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
6. Very slowly stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted. The finer you chop the chocolate, the quicker it will melt with the cream. Place the ganache in the fridge to firm for up to 30 minutes.
For the Rice Crispy Treats7. Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
8. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, cookie butter (or nut butter) over medium heat.
9. Once smooth, mix in the marshmallows as well as the milk. When all the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and mix in the rice cereal and cookies.
10. Press the mixture into your baking dish.
11. Spoon the cooled chocolate ganache on top and drizzle with extra cookie butter.
12. Let the bars chill for about 20 minutes before slicing.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Heart Tart with Raspberry Cream
For the Dough Mix the flour together with the egg, butter and vanilla...
Kerrygold Easter Chocolate Brownies
1. Put the butter and the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of si...
Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Balls
Place the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food proc...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) For the Cupcakes Prehe...
Crispy Tuna Melt Triangles
This is a great recipe that can be made when there is nothing much in the fridge...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...