- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, melted for greasing
- 120g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 120g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 200g granulated sugar
- 45g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp bread soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 140g dark chocolate, chopped
2. Pop the whole hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and allow them to cool. Once cold, blitz in a food processor or chop by hand.
4. Next grease a 9" x 12" baking tray with melted Kerrygold butter and sprinkle on half of the chopped nuts. Set aside.
5. Add the Kerrygold butter, water, granulated brown sugar into a heavy-based saucepan and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat or until the mixture reaches 150°C on a sugar thermometer. If you don't have a thermometer, bring the mixture to a golden-brown colour.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat and carefully add the vanilla and bread soda and stir through with a wooden spoon.
. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate all over the top of the hot toffee and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. The heat of the toffee will melt the chocolate.
8. Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate all over the toffee and sprinkle over the remaining nuts.
9. Allow the buttercrunch to firm up then break into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Hot Cross Buns with Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe by Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) For the Hot Cross B...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...
Kerrygold Honey-Butter Glazed Christmas Gammon
Recipe by: Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) 1. Ga...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large saute pan ov...