Irish Apple Tart by Shane McMahon
- 250g flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 130g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/8 liter milk
- 4 firm tart apples
- Grease a round cake tin (24cm in diameter) with some Kerrygold Butter.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Rub the Kerrygold Butter into the flour with your fingertips, until the mixture has the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Add 110g sugar, the beaten egg, cloves - if used - and enough milk to make a soft pastry.
- Divide the pastry into two portions. Roll out one portion into a circular shape and place it in the baking tin. Peel and de-seed the apples, cut into small pieces and, together with the remaining sugar, spread them over the pastry.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the apples. Press the edges together. Make a light cut on top of the pastry.
- Place the baking tin into the oven and bake at 180oC for approximately 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- The cake may be served warm or cold. Re-heat it gently if it is only eaten the following day.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pizza Mielie Meal Bread
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens (...
Serves Makes 2
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
Chicken Liver Pâté with Balsamic Vinegar & Capers
This chicken liver pâté is full of gutsy flavours and is a wonderful starter...
Stuffed Chilli Cheese Burger
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za)...
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...