For the Cake
- 115g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200g plain flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 140g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 300g well-mashed, ripe bananas
- 60ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Coconut Frosting
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 56g confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp well-stirred cream of coconut
- 100g coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, softened
2. Beat together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg until combined, then add bananas, sour cream and vanilla essence and beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
3. Spread the batter in the bread tin and bake until pale golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean - this should be 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Cool in the bread tin on a rack for 20 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edge of the tin, then invert the rack over the cake and then invert the cake onto the rack to cool completely.
5. While the cake is cooling, make the coconut frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter in a bowl using cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add confectioner's sugar, cream of coconut and mix until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
6. Frost the top of the cooled cake and then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Stuffed Chilli Cheese Burger
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za)...
Caesar Style Bread Salad
Chop the anchovies together with the garlic clove to a fine paste. Put this...
Steamed Fragrant Rice
This recipe uses basmati rice, the undisputed queen of rice. It actually triples...
Valentine’s Day Vanilla Sponge Cake
Recipe by: @ate.kitchen For the Sponge Cake Hearts...