For the raspberry syrup:
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
For the meringue:
- 9 egg whites
- 500g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract
For the filling:
- 530ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 60ml Irish Cream Liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the raspberries and caster sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes and the raspberries have turned to mush. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve using the back your spoon to push through. The syrup consistency should be thick. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar completely dissolves. Add the cornstarch, vinegar and coffee extract and gently fold until just combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking tray in a circle shape and use the back of a wooden spoon to shape the meringue into a nest. Using a teaspoon drizzle half of the cooled raspberry syrup around the meringue to create a ripple effect. Place the meringue in the pre-heated oven and turn the heat of the oven down to 140°C or Gas Mark 1 and leave to bake for 1.5hrs. Once the meringue is baked, turn off the heat, open the oven door and allow it to cool completely.
- When the meringue is cooled and ready to serve you can start assembling the filling. You don’t want to add the cream too far in advance, as it will soak into the meringue. Gently whip the cream until it thickens and then whisk in icing sugar and the Irish cream liqueur. Spoon the filling into the center of the meringue and then add the fresh raspberries followed by the remaining raspberry syrup.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pumpkin Risotto with Sage
The secret to success for a perfect risotto every time is to start by using a go...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Kerrygold Potato & Cheese Puff Pastry Pizza
Recipe By: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha)...
Pink Ombre Rosette Cake
Despite its showstopping appearance, this gorgeous ombré cake is actually quite...