- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin (plain, unflavored)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium freestone peach, almost ripe (still slightly firm)
- 2 tablespoons of Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh basil, for serving and garnish
- First, make the panna cotta: In a small saucepan add the milk. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook while stirring until the gelatin dissolves. Do not let the milk boil. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and sugar to the milk and continue cooking while stirring for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat. Stir in the vanilla. Divide the mixture between two serving dishes. I prefer small wine glasses. Chill the mixture for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- An hour before serving, make the butter-braised fruit:
- Peel, pit, and slice the peach into about 12 slices.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches and saute until fragrant and starting to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and drizzle the honey on top.
- Serve the panna cotta with the peaches and basil leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Did you know that you’re just 15 minutes aw...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Beef and Guinness Tagine
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens Nothing is more...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...