- 225g Kerrygold butter at room temperature
- 125g icing sugar, sieved
- 325g plain flour
- 35g ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Icing sugar and edible silver balls to decorate
- Add the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk into a mixing bowl, then beat together with a wooden spoon until creamy (or mix in a food processor until well combined)
- Sift the flour and salt together in a separate bowl and add the ground almonds
- Add the flour and almonds mixture slowly to the sugar butter mixture and beat until everything just comes together to form a dough. Take care not to over mix it
- Shape the dough into two flat rounds and wrap in cling film
- Chill in the fridge for 20/30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to 1/2cm thick
- Cut Christmassy shapes like stars out of the dough using Christmas cookie cutters
- When you've made your first set of cookies, gather the leftover pastry cuttings and bring them together
- Dust the worktop with more flour and roll out the pastry again to make as many cookies as possible until the pastry is all used up
- Place the cookies onto the lined baking sheets, leaving a little space between each one, and bake in the oven for 10/12 minutes until a light golden colour
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray
- Meanwhile, mix some sieved icing sugar with a few drops of cold water to make a thick icing
- Spread or pipe over the cooled biscuits and decorate with edible silver balls
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Braised Red Cabbage
The easiest way to cut the red cabbage and onions is on a Japanese mandolin but...
Grilled Fruit Kebabs
To Make Passionfruit Cream: Cut the passionfruit in half and scoop out...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...
This is a really tasty way of serving fish and one that all of the family is sur...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with Cheese
This is a variation on the traditional way of cooking potatoes in a cast-iron fr...
Use blackberries instead of raspberries in the autumn or a mixture of berries at...