- 4 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 200ml dessert wine or amaretto liqueur
- 1 vanilla pod, seeded and keep pod
- 50g light brown sugar
- 200g frozen raspberries (do not defrost)
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, roughly crushed
- Vanilla ice cream garnished with orange zest
This is a simple and delicious recipe that makes the most of the glorious peaches we get in South Africa. They don't need any help, but baking the peaches in sticky sweet liqueur caramelises and concentrates their flavour. Pinkly dribbling frozen raspberries add a naturally sweet flavour without the need for too much sugar. My favourite dessert topping - toasted hazelnuts - are just sublime with this dish.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt together the butter, amaretto and vanilla pod together.
- Halve and destone the peaches.
- Place cut side up in a snug fitting round baking dish.
- Pour over the buttery syrup and vanilla pod.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the peaches soften, spooning over the syrup at intervals.
- Add the frozen raspberries for a further 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over toasted hazelnuts and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chicken Tikka Breyani
Combine the chicken with yoghurt and spices and allow to marinate for at lea...
Orange Blossom Summer Sponge with Cream & Fresh Strawberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Grease and line...
Savory Ham, Cheese and Chive Waffles
Satisfy your guests’ savory cravings at brunch with these cheese-, ham- an...
This recipe makes special little fairy cakes, ideal for parties or visiting chil...
Witch Chocolate Cupcakes
These wickedly delicious cupcakes are sure to get everyone into the Halloween sp...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...