To make the Lemon Caper Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and simmer until butter is brown, being careful to not burn it. Swirl the pan a few times as it simmers.
- Once butter is brown, squeeze lemon juice in and stir. Add capers, stir and remove from heat.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Make sure they are really dry before you begin heating your skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a stainless steel skillet or cast iron pan over high heat and heat until smoking. Add scallops to skillet and make sure they don't touch. Sear for 2 minutes and flip over. Sear for an additional 2 minutes or until opaque.
- Serve immediately with brown butter sauce and fresh lemon slices.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...
Spicy Butter Chicken
Recipe by Shirley Shannon This family favourite, fro...
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Recently, I discovered how to make mashed pot...