To make the Lemon Caper Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and simmer until butter is brown, being careful to not burn it. Swirl the pan a few times as it simmers.
- Once butter is brown, squeeze lemon juice in and stir. Add capers, stir and remove from heat.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Make sure they are really dry before you begin heating your skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a stainless steel skillet or cast iron pan over high heat and heat until smoking. Add scallops to skillet and make sure they don't touch. Sear for 2 minutes and flip over. Sear for an additional 2 minutes or until opaque.
- Serve immediately with brown butter sauce and fresh lemon slices.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This recipe uses a classic cheese sauce, which is the basis for so many dishes t...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3...
Minty Mushy Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hak...