- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 225g skinless cod fillets cut into fairly large cubes
- 225g skinless salmon fillets cut into fairly large cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 black olive
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter. Layer the puff pastry on top of each ramekin and replicate octopus tentacles over the side of each pot.
- Whisk the egg and lightly brush over the pastry.
- Set the oven to 220°C and bake for approx. 20 minutes until you see the pots puff up and begin to turn golden.
- Upon cooling, playfully decorate an Octopus’ face using sliced black olives as eyes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Aubergine with Tomato & Cheese
This is one vegetarian dish that even meat lovers will enjoy. Its origins are in...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Did you know that you’re just 15 minutes aw...
Braised Red Cabbage
The easiest way to cut the red cabbage and onions is on a Japanese mandolin but...
Ratatouille Pesto Pasta Bake
Wholewheat pasta is a very easy, healthy swap to make for regular pasta. Wholewh...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...