For the Dough
- 500g wheat flour
- 275ml water, lukewarm
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g Kerrygold Irish Herb Butter, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp milk
2. Add the yeast mixture together with the salt and butter to the flour and knead it into a smooth dough in 5-8 minutes by hand or with the aid of a food processor. Cover the dough and allow it to rise for 45-60 minutes in a warm place. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease it.
3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface into a rectangle about 5mm thick. Spread the soft herb butter evenly on the dough using a knife or a spatula.
4. Now cut the dough into 8x8 cam pieces. Place four to five pieces of dough on top of each other and then put them together in the baking pan.
5. Cover the bread and let it rise again for 20-30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and whisk the egg yolks with the milk.
6. Brush the bread with the egg-milk mixture and then bake for 40-45 minutes on medium heat.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool down a bit. Enjoy lukewarm or cold!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rocket and Parma Ham Pizza
For the Dough Dissolve the yeast together with the sugar in the lukewa...
For the Brownies Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, and line a 9...
Kerrygold Butter Chicken
For the Marinade Squeeze out the juice of the lime and combine with sa...
Chinese Stir-Fry Vegetables
Wash the chicken breasts, pat dry and cut into cubes. Prepare the ric...
One Pot Summer Chicken Casserole
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat the oven to 350...