- 50g (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp minced root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 225ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fragrant basmati rice and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based pan with a lid. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic, coriander, curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric and one teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir the tomato purée into the onion mixture with the fresh tomato and cook for another 3-4 minutes until thickened and bubbling.
- Stir in the milk and then add the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked through but still soft.
- Remove the lid and reduce the liquid for a minute or two. Stir in the garam masala with the cream and season to taste. Bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.
- To serve, arrange the butter chicken masala on warmed plates with the fragrant basmati rice and scatter over the coriander leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This is a great recipe, which gives a delicious chewy American-style cookie oozi...
Hot Cheesy Reuben Dip
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, Thousand Island dressing and sou...